Learn beginner-friendly fashion drawing & have fun drawing clothes for your own grownup paper doll.
In this body-positive drawing class, you will use your MyBodyModel paper doll to:
- Draw a variety of clothing styles, step by step.
- "Try on" different sewing patterns to see how they will look on your body.
- Experiment with silhouettes, proportions, & design details such as necklines, hem lengths, ease, & drape.
- Play with outfit combinations for your paper doll as a fun way to design a coordinated wardrobe.
- Begin to explore what styles and designs YOU like best on YOUR body.
Includes on-demand access to more than 2 hours of video instruction. Go at your own pace, and re-watch as many times as you'd like.
Please note: Your MyBodyModel digital & printable paper doll and sketchbook are not included in the class fee. Be sure to check Lesson 1 for your special student discount code!
What People Are Saying About This Class:
- "Awesome. Just the right length, a good mixture of easy to difficult things to draw, and I even found some new patterns I wouldn't have normally looked at!" - Kristin M.
- "Really enjoyed it. Never realized what paper dolls purpose was, boy was I missing out. Drawing patterns I would have never chose made me realize how I had limited myself and how this new tool would open me up to so much. I am a 69 year old." Patricia O.
- "Very informative and so much fun! I’m so happy with how my drawings turned out and feel much more confident about sketching wardrobe ideas." - Pam L.
- "I loved the class. The pace was great and I finally got comfortable using my croquis, which has been sitting in my account for almost 2 years." - Shannan H.
- "I’m already thinking about sketching more of my wardrobe so I can play around with capsules. You are a very good teacher. Knowledge and technical skill combined with approachability and playfulness. I look forward to future classes." - Pam
- "I loved this class! This was a great way to get my feet wet and build basic skills that I can use to continue my own sketching." - Anna
p.s. The paper doll sketches above were created by class participants! Special thanks to @oneseamatatime @annawflowers @knitsonik @ninasmakes @stuff.leah.sews @couturesmith for permission to share their #paperdollsforgrownups 😍