Ready to start adding color & print to your paper doll wardrobe?
Have you tried coloring your sketches before, with frustrating results? Or maybe you're ready to invest in some grownup art supplies, but aren't sure what to choose? This class is for you!
Join me for a deep dive into my favorite coloring tools & techniques! This class includes nearly 2 hours of on-demand video divided into 15 mini-lessons.
We'll cover my top tips & methods for...
- Preventing streaks & blotches
- Color mixing to get the best match for your fabric
- How to use "colorless blender" markers
- Shading & adding texture
- Illustrating a variety of prints & effects - from dots and stripes, to a block print, embroidery, botanical print, animal print, and even tie dye
- Illustrating denim jeans
- And more!
What people are saying about this class...
- "Added a whole new dimension to my sewing and design hobby. Erica is delightful and her classes are well-thought out, informative and colorful. She makes it easy to follow along every step of the way." - Lynne
- "Very fun and informative. I learned how to layer markers and pencils for different effects, and how to scale a print. Inspired to play!"-J.
- "This was such a fun class!" -Amanda
- "A soothing, creative way to help with wardrobe planning. Loved the class. I learned some very valuable things about coloring. As always, Erica's upbeat attitude made the class so much fun."-LJ
- "The class was great. It is well worth it and Erica explains it all so well. I was afraid that it would be above my skill level, but it wasn't. I can hardly wait for future classes."-Janet
Supplies: During class, we'll use a step-by-step combination of art markers, gel pens, and colored pencils to color a variety of clothes for our MyBodyModel paper dolls. You can find my favorite art supplies at amazon.com/shop/mybodymodel but these exact ones are not required for class. You'll also need a pencil & eraser, a black pen or fine tip marker (or erasable Frixion pen), and some marker paper or tracing paper. And of course: a printout of your personalized "paper doll" (1-model printable sketch page) from MyBodyModel! Please note: Your digital & printable MyBodyModel paper doll and sketchbook/planner are not included with this class. Be sure to check your class registration email for your special student discount code!
Don't have fancy art markers or marker paper? No problem! During class I'll demonstrate tips & techniques for alcohol-based vs. water-based art markers (including investment & budget options) as well as how to get the best results from children's markers like Crayola, so you can choose the best tools for you. As for paper, you can use regular tracing paper or even printer paper. As one student remarked: "You don't have to buy anything before class, just be ready to learn and find out what you want to buy to get the effects you want."
Prerequisites: This class builds on "Paper Dolls for Grownups, Level 1" and a basic comfort level with drawing garments, or completion of "Paper Dolls for Grownups, Level 1" is recommended prior to taking this class.